Tuesday, February 5, 2008

MENTAL HEALTH DAY

Madeline and I were very lucky that it stormed last night; it made the power go out just long enough to mess up the alarm clock. Instead of getting up at the crack of dawn, Maddy got to sleep in, on a school day, until 9:30am.

I realized at 10 till 7 that the bus had already come and gone. So, I got up, layed on the couch, and finally called her teacher and told her I would bring Maddy to school after lunch. I let her sleep until she naturally woke up. Then we putzed around, and did a whole lot of nothing.

We both needed a day like today. She was a much happier girl when I picked her up after school and we had a good evening together.

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Mental Health Days are wonderful!

Lori said...

Sounds like everyday for me. This barely working is nice, but I have totally turned into a putzer as you call it. If I leave the house by 3pm it's a GOOD day.

junglemama said...

Days like that are nice. No rushing to get things done. I can't remember the last time I had a day like that. :)

Rachael said...

Wish I could take a mental health day sometimes too. But, I feel guilty even taking a sick day!