Monday, February 4, 2008

ACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT RE: RUNNING?

I was going to email my sister Rachael this morning in regard to getting a CD of her play list. It is in effort to motivate me from the couch to running. Instead of emailing her, I decided to go public with the fact that I want to start running. Maybe, just maybe, I will join the 10K that a couple of sisters are gearing up for in the spring.

Rachael, will you really burn me a CD? One strange request though: will you include at least one up-beat song from Brittney Spear's first album?

Now, as soon as I get that play list CD you can all inquire about my progress. Until then... I plan to think about it so it won't be such a shock to my system.

For the record though, I did go through basic training. After I got over the hurt of running, I actually liked it. While training continued, I would run 5 miles on a day off just because. Once I got home... Well, I've been rebelling ever since.

5 comments:

Lori said...

No offense, but exercise has never really been your thing,(it probably wouldn't really be my thing either if I was naturally skinny like you) so this is going to be a real challenge for you. Obviously you can do it, since you did it before in boot camp, but you also had a drill sergeant making you do it! I hope you can do it though. You should get an Mp3 player though, yes they have really cheap ones out there that cost $20 or so, and then you can change your playlist and you don't have to carry a CD player when you run.

Shannon said...

I have an Mp3 player! It is a really nice one I got for my birthday 2 years ago from Andy. The only good thing on it right now is the CD Natalie burned for me 4 years ago. It is getting boring.

Lori said...

So if I make you a CD you can put it on your Mp3 player?

Rachael said...

Shannon, that was very clever of you saying you are going to wait to run until you get the CD from me. You know that gives you quite a buffer, don't you?! Take a look at the C25K program. It's pretty easy. Half running/half walking to start. Why not get started now?

Shannon said...

Just waiting on the CD Rach.