Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sweatn'...Not to the Oldies Though

Oh how I would have hated to be wrong this time!

About 6 weeks ago I bought a brand-new mattress and box spring set. Okay, Francie, this is for you... It was a $1500.00 set that I got on a great deal: lets just say it was a really great deal because I was able to pay cash. And to all of you who know me, you know it had to of been a GREAT deal! Anyhow, I finally got delivery confirmation for tonight and Andy kept telling me how it was not going to fit up the stairs and my great deal was going to be a waste of money if we couldn't get it up to the bedroom. I so knew it would fit, he just needed to see my skills. Well, I was confident it would fit until it actually got here. Ummh, how come it is so much bigger then I imagined? (It should be the same size as the one we already have.) Not that I made mention of my concern though because come hell or high water, I was not going to be wrong.

Well, Andy is asleep right now on our new mattress set and I am downstairs wondering how in the heck I am going to get the banister put back up. I made Andy and the delivery guy take it down because they just couldnt figure out how to turn the unbendable box spring just right and it kept getting stuck. Yes, although I did sweat just a bit, the new bed did in fact, make it upstairs.

On another note:
I have some of the cutest Halloween picture and others of sorts that I have been wanting to blog about, but I cant figure out how to get them from the file they are in, onto a CD. It should not be that complicated, but for some reason, it has really been a time waster for me. Maybe I'll ask for help from someone who knows more about PCs then I do (which shouldn't be hard).

School is still going well. Madeline is about to loose her front tooth and Andy has a wisdom tooth coming in and it seems pretty painful. He is so stubborn. I gave him some Advil yesterday and he finally "tried" taking one today. I say he "tried" because he wont take any more since it didn't help. He only took one 200mg pill. Not sure they should even sell them in such low doses. I guess it makes it look like you got a good deal when you buy 100 at a time. Not so much a deal when you gotta take 4 at a time though. Right? I should tell him that acute pain is really bad on the cardiovascular system and scare him into taking a higher dose so that if not for nothing...at least I might get some relief.

Well, thats it for now. Hopefully it won't take another 3 weeks to make my next post. Once I change the laundry, I'm off to sleep in our new bed. I really hope it is comfortable after all that work. G'night.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I thought they delivered that mattress last week, what happened? Glad you didn't have to hear "I told you so" I hate it when that happens.
Can't wait to see the halloween pictures of Madeline? Did anyone egg your house or TP the tree?

Rachael said...

So I forgot to ask you last night if you got the banisters back on!

I say grind some Advil up and mix it in applesauce...feed it to Andy.

Francie said...

I don't get it... what were you trying to say to me?
Either way, I'm glad it fit. I love being right!