Friday, November 16, 2007

My Right Arm

I wish I could think of an interesting story as to why I had to give up my right arm but truth-be-known, the story is actually boring. I was laying in my bed waking up from a nap and the next thing I knew, my shoulder has dislocated. OUCH! This wasn't the first time it has happened though. At least the other times came with good stories. (Like the time I was driving down a ridge cut in Tn and I dislocated my shoulder reaching for a pacifier.) I had surgery 6 years ago in hopes that it would never happen again. Unfortunately for me though, it did. It was out for over an hour and now that it has been a week... I still feel like I got beat up.

Andy has gone above and beyond in trying to be helpful and patient with me. I have yet to go to bed with dishes in the sink, he gets Madeline ready for school and packs her lunch, and hasn't uttered the first complaint of a messy house. Impressive? or what?

I have a few other posts I've been wanting to write about, but with my arm stuck in some contraption that is more restrictive then a sling, it takes longer to type. Plus, even though I finally found my pictures from Halloween, I cant seen to find the cord to get them into the computer.

I took Madeline to get her hair cut a few days ago. She looks like Auntie Nay-Nay now. She had 12 inches cut off and she is sporting a stacked bob. Pictures of the new look are also stuck on my camera with no cord. Her hair was just getting so hard to brush through and I was tired of fighting with her every morning before school. She looks cute. She doesn't think she has to brush the back anymore now that she doesn't have much hair. Will I ever win on this one? Speaking of brushing hair... You should see mine. I haven't been able to brush it myself for a week so Madeline has done it for me. It looks quite cute. HA! lol at least it is brushed. I think her favorite part is telling me to be still and don't cry,

4 comments:

Cecelia said...

I hope your arm gets better soon. I can't wait to see Madeline's new haircut. Is there a reason you cut 12 inches off? That is really thoughtful for Andy to be so helpful. It's nice to have a caring and helpful husband.

Rachael said...

You better find that camera cord. It's nice you FINALLY posted and all, but WE WANT PICTURES!!! :)

Hope your arm is feeling better soon. Are you able to drive?

We're going to see you next week, right?

Lori said...

Just make sure you bring your camera when you come to visit for thanksgiving. We can help you put pictures on your blog. Of course we'll get to see the new haircut anyway.
Sorry about your arm, I hope it doesn't cause a problem for nursing school. That would be such a shame if they made you drop out. Just don't do anything you shouldn't with that arm and it will heal faster.
Looking forward to seeing you this week.

junglemama said...

Hope your arm feels better. I gotta admit that as I read the first snetence of this post I really thought you had to give up your arm as in it is gone. :)