Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Tote Queen that I Am

Have you ever gone a day too long before realizing your child's room has become a danger zone? I am hyper aware of how messy Madeline's room has become over the past week or so because I have to be oh, so careful not to fall and hurt myself right now (shoulder issues). Well, this morning I had had enough. If I don't fall and re-injure myself, someone else who is healthy just might. It was out of control! (For the record though, I have had my arm in a restrictive sling for over a week now and house cleaning has not been on my priority list.) Hurt arm or not, I was not going another day without getting her room put back together.

Where to start? I looked around the room and hadn't a clue. Then I called my sister-in-law and asked her how I should go about it. She gently responded to my dilemma in a pretty direct way, so I got the clue when I heard her day "Your the Tote Queen, just put everything in totes".

With just the right inspiration I needed, I was off to Wal Mart before Madeline had even gotten out of bed. An hour later, I was full speed ahead. Madeline has way too much stuff and not enough to space to organize it.

Madeline was trying to help me but what kinda help is it when I toss out crumpled papers or the likes and she pulls it back out of the garbage bag? Or, how 'bout the McDonald's Happy Meal toys that she insists on keeping because she swears she plays with them? I wasn't getting anywhere with this kind of help. I had to take her to Auntie Lisa's house if I was going to get the mission accomplished.

Five hours later...

Her room looks great! 4 labeled and full totes in the closet, the 2 long narrow ones with wheels on em under the bed and everything else in it's place. I'm exhausted though. My arm is throbbing too. But, like I said: it looks great. A job well done.

The Organized totes in her closer:
When you first walk in her room:

Her bed:
trust me, the other 2 totes are under it.
PS: This was by far one of the most frustrating posts I have done yet. It was erased twice and I had a terrible time getting the pictures on it. They are not in the order I wanted and there were a couple other ones I liked better. I'm done messing with it.

8 comments:

Rachael said...

OK, after you talked about how frustrating this post was, I guess I have to cut you some slack on the editing job! :)

Her room looks great. Wanna come clean my kids' rooms?

Rachael said...

I'll buy some totes just in case!

Cecelia said...

Madeline's room looks so cute. You did a great job decorating and organizing. I could use some organizational help on the new addition.

Lori said...

I told you not to use your arm. But the room looks really cute and oh so clean. I am going to try and minimize the clutter from the get go with my baby. We don't have lots of storage in our house.

Looking forward to seeing you in a few days.

If you email me your password maybe I can help you edit your post. At least get rid of the long blank space. But I'm glad you didn't erase it, your starting to make me feel like a blog slacker. You've been on a roll this week.

Anonymous said...

what a cute room Maddy!

Anonymous said...

Her room does look great. I missed seeing your family at Thanksgiving. I am sure it was a great time. But, I am mad you didn't take pictures of those crazy guys surfing.....I am glad Andy had a good time and all were safe. Take care.
Julie

junglemama said...

I'm starting to become a tote mom. With 10 kids I have to organize some way. :) What a nice room your daughter has. :)

brian said...

WoW here room is very pretty!
A nice clean girls room!