Friday, December 21, 2007

Good News... Bad News

The good news is that I am still in school.

I haven't been slacking on my blog because of my identity crisis depression but rather, I have been extremely busy studying for my final exam.

The Friday post about my identity crisis was no small exaggeration. I truly believed the fat lady was singing. In fact, I had come up with an alternate plan over the weekend. On Monday morning, I was almost ready to leave the house when I got a call from the school and was asked to bring in what medical release I did have, and they would try to work with me. Shocking? It was for me, too!

I called the Dr. right away and was able to get a release with the only restriction being that I should not lift my arm to a 90* angle while applying pressure. Okay, who does that?

Although not nice about it, the director of the program said she was willing to let me back into clinical. However, she will need a "no restriction" release by February. Gee, I hope my Dr. can give me one by then. Plus, I have to make up 30 hours by the 3rd of January.

So, I took my final yesterday and scored a 90% on it. I finished the the first 1/3 of the program with an 88% overall average. I'm TOTALLY okay with that.

Now, for the bad news...

All of the clinical make-up time is when my sisters are going to be in town, and I will not get to spend as much time with them as I would like. Sorry Rachael and Lori. I am planning to spend the weekend with you guys though. I should be out to Mom's by Friday, early evening.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Well I'm glad your still in school, but it sucks that you wont get to be at moms the whole week. Is Madeline going to be there?