Thursday, October 4, 2007

YEA FOR ME!

I'm not sure if it was a fluke that will never happen again or if it is the beginning of a new trend, but for the first time EVER, I got the highest test grade in our class today. The Unit exam was on Growth & Development and Immunizations. I'm still in shock with the 98%. Woo Hoo!

We started clinicals a couple weeks ago in long term care and today we moved on to acute care. Its really exciting, but at the same time it is a bit intimidating. I might consider working Med Surge for at least a year or two as an LPN while I finish the Associate program, (just for the experience though) because I haven't changed my mind about working in long term care. Eventually, I hope to get into administration, but that is a ways off.

7 comments:

Francie said...

Rock on, sis!
That has gotta rock for you! I know I'd be pretty stoked!
Watcha doing for your b-day?
Hey, email me your address, will ya?
love ya!

Lori said...

That is really cool. Now you've set a new standard for yourself! HA-HA
I know you love working in LTC, I loved it too, but too depressing on a day to day basis.
You can still work as an LPN while you are finishing up your RN, just keep going, statistics say your more likely to not go back to school once you stop than if you keep going.
Okay, so I made that statistic up, but I bet its true!

Rachael said...

Good for you.

Shannon said...

Hey Lor...
The program I'm in is a credit/clock hour course so if I can pass a competency test in 3rd trimester I can transfer into my second year (junior status)at the local college, but I also have the option of getting my RN at the same hospital based school I'm in right now. It's not like I have to decide now or anything, but It will be one or the other. I'm not stopping.

Cecelia said...

Congratulations!!

Holly said...

Thats awesome. Congrats.

Unknown said...

Hey, Shannon, I'm proud of you, but not surprised. I always knew you could do it. Wish you'd seriously start considering speech path or Occupational Therapy because it's a much easier career than nursing, especially when you get older, and I know you'd be a really good therapist.