Sunday, September 30, 2007

THE BRAIN: AS DUMBED-DOWN AS POSSIBLE

Tonight while I was putting Madeline to bed I asked her to give me her gum so she didn't choke on it. Then she asked me how her jaw knew how to move up and down so she could chew it. Uh, that is really quite simple... It gets a message from the brain and just moves. HUH?!

Okay, I told her. Think of your head as an upside down bowl. Inside the bowl is your brain. In order to send messages, your brain has to be plugged into the rest of your body kind of like a power chord.

How does it get plugged in?

It uses your heart like a battery charger and it just stays charged up. Then your brain sends it's power chord down the pipe in your back (the spine) and that is where all the plugs stay so they don't get all mixed up and tangled.

Then she started wiggling and doing all kinds of crazy stuff to see if her brain charger was working and she had enough power to tell her body what to do.

Poor kid. Think she'll have crazy dreams tonight?


I'm sure I left out a ton of information and probably

3 comments:

Rachael said...

OK...someone's been doing some creative studying for A&P! :)

Lori said...

Poor kid have crazy dreams? how bout poor kid thinks her mom is crazy?
How's school going by the way? Have you started clinicals yet?

Shannon said...

Yep. Started clinicals already. I am doing really good for not stressing about tests and having alot of fun. I finally admitted (okay, acknowledged) the fact that I am not an A student, but hey, If I can keep pulling B test grades and not stressing... No one really asks for your grades as long as you pass the NCLEX. Right?

(I'm not goofing off or anything, I really am loving it and so it makes me think of it as FUN)