Monday, August 13, 2007

PUTTZERS

It was definately a defining moment for me when Madeline casually said "Mom, we're a couple of puttzers arn't we?".
Ever since Madeline was little, I have always used the word "puttz" to define our slow moving behaviors. We seem to have a hard time getting a quick move on alot of things and it is just something I have always said.
Now, its Monday morning and I woke up at 6:30 so I could get a jump on the day. This weekend went by too fast and when it was time for bed last nignt... well lets just say it wasnt the best way to want to start the week; the house has difinately seen better days!
I find it amazing what one can get done when the house is quiet and I just get going. Now that it is 8:30am I have time to relax because the house is back together, Madeline is still sleeping and now we have the whole morning to puttz. Once she manages herself out of bed (neigther one of us seem to be morning people) we can start out on a good foot. Maybe I should really try to do the early thing more often. Especially, since school starts for the both of us in a couple weeks. No time for puttzin' once that happens!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

We start school on Monday. I am NOT looking forward to it. I kind of enjoy summer puttzing, and we are not morning people at our house either.

Did you email Mom and the girls that you have a blog now? Be sure and let Vickie know too.

Lori said...

I guess I go back and forth, one day a can be a puttzer and accomplish nothing, and some days I will be in a hurry to go to the groccery store. When I'm with someone else I'll say "let's hurry" as were walking in, but in reality I don't know why I say that. I think I got it from mom.

Cecelia said...

Let's hurry out of the car into the grocery store so we can hurry back out to the car and hurry home so we can hurry into the house and put the groceries away so we can hurry and fix dinner so we can hurry and eat and hurry and clean-up the kitchen so we can hurry and the story goes on... No puttzing for me.

Francie said...

I'm so excited you've started a blog, Shan!
I also think the tire track title heading is just perfect for the "en route" part! Nice touch!
Puttzing? I'm not sure why (mom) but I feel like I'm always rushing somewhere for something...
Last time I got pulled over for running a stop sign (hey, I yielded to about 20 mph, give or take,) the po-po man asked if I was in a hurry. "Well, I thought I was, but I guess not enough!" So, maybe, to save me a few bucks, I should be a puttzer...