Friday, June 26, 2009

WHAT? HE DIED?

When I got up this morning, I turned on the news and found out that M*chael J*ackson died yesterday. I am SHOCKED! He has been one of those familiar voices you never think twice about not hearing live again. It is very disturbing to me.

When all of us kids were young we used to listen to him on the radio all summer long. It wasn't something our mother approved of but when she was at work we would turn on the radio and there he was. I remember calling the radio station on our Mother's 30th birthday and asked them to broadcast it on the air. Of course, we had to leave it on when she got home so she could hear them announce her birthday to everyone listening and in the mean time... There he was, singing away: Just C*all M*y Name and I*ll Be There. I thought for sure we were going to get in trouble or have to turn it off and not get to hear them say Happy Birthday. I guess it was good it was one of his more kosher songs cause we didn't have to turn it off.

I always loved it when Wierd Al sang his spoof songs too. Just Eat It was such a cool version of MJ's B*eat It.

As an adult, I never got excited about hearing him but his presence was more nestalgic then anything elce. It always took me back to those rebellious moments of the 80's. Eesh.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

I know...I remember learning to do the moon walk at recess.

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

I remember when I was young calling in the the local radio station to ask if they could please have Michael Jackson sing another song. I don't remember how old I was, but must have been pretty young, cause I really thought he was actually singing the songs when they played them. One day I called in a lot, and they finally told me he was too tired to sing another song.

Unknown said...

It was so tragic. A man with so much talent and haunted by so much conjecture. Michael will always be with me through his music. Always. Thanks for posting this, Shannon.

Natalie said...

I never liked his music.

Tina in CT said...

Madeline's sweet thank you arrived today. Glad that she was pleased with the book.

You need to update with a current post for all of us blog readers.