Saturday, March 21, 2009

ITEM 86

Of course I graduated from Nursing School, but I still have to pass the NCLEX*. The official test date: March 19, 2009.

Preparing for the NCLEX*: an article I happened to read the day before I took my state Boards...

"Oh my, the computer didn't shut off after item 85-what will you do? The computer hasn't made a decision about your competency either way at this point. Therefore, you must continue your partnership with the computer. If the computer was sure that you weren't capable, it would have definitely shut off. Now all you have to do is prove on the next several items that you are capable of bearing the title. The average number of items on any candidates exam is about 110. Item 86 is your friend-do well."

THEN WHY DID MY COMPUTER SHUT OFF AT ITEM 85?!!!

Fortunately, it was on outdated article that I read and the official test gives a minimum of 85 questions. So, basically, this is what I went home with: Either I did really well and it only took 85 questions to know if I was competent enough or not... OR... I must be really stupid because the computer sees no hope of recovery, even by offering me 125 more questions. And, now I wait 48 hours to know.

I PASSED!!!!!!!!! I am an official Nurse! Whooh Hooooh!

(I know I waited a long time to take this darn test but I was REALLY scared).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me be the first out here to say CONGRATULATIONS Shannon!! I knew you would do it. Have no fear, it's my old motto and it applies to you too. I'm so happy for you! Now go celebrate!

Rachael said...

Congratulations!!!

Lori told me today, so I knew the ending before I read your post.

Tina in CT said...

Congrats! I hope you are having a celebration weekend! Now your license will come and you'll be on your way!

Lori said...

I'm glad you finally did it, I was getting so frustrated by your extreme procrastination! I know the feeling though, I too took the minimum amount of questions and then second guessed myself for a week before I got my results. I don't know anyone who walked out of there feeling really good about it. The questions are so gray, you can't even really look up answers later, you just have to hope you got them right.

Natalie said...

That is great Shan! Congratulations. I'm really glad that you did so well. Proud of you! I bet it feels really good, especially since you had so little support and no one thought you would go through with it.