Sunday, May 24, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!

Happy Birthday lil sis! (I have to specify lil here cause Ryan left a comment on Natalie's blog about the 3 little girls and Lori.) I'm glad you were always older in a lot of ways cause think of all the things we would have missed out on if you hadn't skipped your Junior year in high school and graduated with me. I will always cherish that year that we were together. Having a sister like you was the next best thing to being a twin. Having a built in friend is priceless.

Remember being sent to the principles office for fighting over our babies. We had to carry around those dolls for mairrage and family (was it part of health or was it part of religion?) and our babies were identical cabbage patch dolls. You left yours in the trunk of the car and tried to steal mine which lead to a knock-out, drag-down fight during English class. Eeash! When we got into the principles office we started laughing while they got out the first aid kit and then we sang that song from the Barney sound trac You Are My Sister. Remember me begging you in class to help me with my homework assignment that was due and we were discussing it in "ARP"? Our teacher spoke "OP" but because it was the same idea, we were totally busted.

Oh, and getting our drivers license together. You passed your test first but generously let me get my lisence first so I could have mine before you. Nice job on your specialty: paralell parking. It must of been a good job afterall cause you passed!

Your are the best (18 whole months younger) sister I could have ever asked mom for. She sure did a good job filling my order. remember being really young and playing Debbie and Stacie? I forget who was who but we always ended up adopting babies that were left on the other side of our bedroom door and we would play House for three days in a row. I know we played alot with our 3 foot tall Kristy dolls that had really bad hair but we had little dolls too. It was so much fun.

Wish I could be there with you today. Have a fun day!
Love,
Shannon

3 comments:

Lori said...

Nothing like a few birthdays to get you blogging again.
Thanks for the sweet post, your a pretty good sis too, I always thought I should have been the older one, since I was bigger and smarter (just kidding). That was pretty fun graduating together, living in OK our senior year was a blast, even though it was for such a short time, we had a lot of fun together. I remember you putting up a big fuss though cause I was going to get my diploma first since my name was first alphabetically, but you insisted they call your name first.
Anyway, I loved playing Debbie and Stacy, and I was Debbie by the way.
Oh and my birthday is tomorrow not today.

Shannon said...

I know your birthday is on the 25th. I just forgot what the date was when I wrote the post.

Natalie said...

You guys got in more trouble at academy than I think I did, I just got caught for everything!