Sunday, July 6, 2008

MY SIX

My sister Rachael posted today about a six word challenge: summerizing her life using only six words. After comming up with her six word summary, she then challenged other people who read her blog to come up with their own.

Here is Rachael's: "LIFE IMITATES ART: MINE IS FINGER-PAINTED"
(her blog can be found on my side line) Be sure to check it out as not to miss the meaning behind it.

When I read Rach's blog this morning I instantly thought of my life's motto. Longer then six words though. So, my life: Summerized in SIX.

"TAKING THE LONG ROUTE: NOT LOST!"

In more ways then one! I wrote one of my first posts on the original saying: "I don't get lost... I'm just taking the long route".

I often get grief from family and friends about the fact that I am directionally challenged. However, I'm not always sold on the label cause I usually always recognize something or have a general idea of where I am. It may take longer then usual, but I usually get there.

Now, go get your own SIX!



6 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, 2 posts in a week, what a shocker! Oh yeah, I forgot your on summer break this week.
Yes, I'd have to agree, that pretty much sums up your whole life, and not just getting from point a to point b in a car. And it's not always just the longer route you take, but sometimes the harder one too, but hey, if you get there in the end does it really matter?
Good luck with your last 6 weeks of nursing school, I know you've worked really hard for this for a VERY long time.

Rachael said...

Yes, I say that's a fitting six! :)

junglemama said...

I love it! Mine is, "Once broken, Now living for Christ".

honestgrl said...

I like your motto. I might have that for my life too...if you hadn't already taken it. Nice to see that you're one of my new readers. Now I need to get to writing again. I need to catch up on your blog too I see.

honestgrl said...

I like your motto. I might have that for my life too...if you hadn't already taken it. Nice to see that you're one of my new readers. Now I need to get to writing again. I need to catch up on your blog too I see.

Tina in CT said...

Can't wait to spend the day with your mom on Tuesday!